Παρασκευή 16 Ιανουαρίου 2015

Black Forest Cuckoo Clock

I was asked to organise an event about origami. So, by the end of this month, I will teach how to fold butterflies. The event is to fund an NGO that supports families in need, so we are going to collect food or donate money for the cause. I wanted to have some models to exhibit as well at the event and among my models, I decided to fold models from my favorite designers.

So, one of the origami designers that I love to fold his models, is Dr. Robert J. Lang. I don’t know why, but I really find it easy to understand his folding sequences and fold his models. 

This particular model though, I was always afraid to try. All those details on a single strip of paper 1x10 was too much for me. But I wanted to have one Cuckoo clock hanging on my wall, so I did give it a try.

IMG 0470

One long strip of Kraft paper is scored 16ths lengthwise and some additional creases were scored on paper.

IMG 0471

Here you can see that the back of the clock and the edges that are later gonna be shaped as leaves, are already collapsed.

IMG 0472

Clock face collapsed too, and the trick part is to handle everything behind the clock that later is gonna be shaped as the cuckoo bird and the deer on top of the clock’s enclosure.

IMG 0473

A drop of PVA glue is necessary to keep the face in position. Mr. Lang is so genius that he has incorporated locking mechanism on this model, but I wanted to be securely glued because later on, I will paint the whole model and I do not want to have accidents ;-)

IMG 0475

Almost ready as you can see. The patina has already been sprayed, waiting now to dry so to do some more shaping.

IMG 0476

And here’s the finished model. Black Forest Cuckoo Clock, designed by Dr. Robert J. Lang. Lots of hours  of folding but I really enjoyed every minute of folding this one. 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου